royxed

Dedicated to the Fullmetal Alchemist OTP
Roy Mustang and Edward Elric <3

20061218

Affirmations

It was a warm evening in late summer, just outside the village of Rizembul. A field of wheat, a patch of grass and a couple of trees set the scene. Ed leaned back against one of the trees.

"Nothing ever changes here," he said, his voice somehow carrying a challenge, daring him to disagree. "Though people change continually. Why is that?"

Roy smiled and sat down himself, next to the vibrant young man, very close by him.

"It takes a very determined individual to change society, to alter the course of history, my love. And there has to be need, a reason for change."

"You wish to do it," Edward reached out with his automail hand to lightly touch Roy's lips. "Will you change the lives of people who have no need for change? Who are satisfied with what they have?"

Roy took the hand in his and pressed his lips in the palm.

"Why are you asking?"

"Because I want you to be aware of what you're doing. I want you to know that if you pursue your goal and want me by your side you can't go against the well-being of people like these. I will make sure of that."

Roy leaned into him and kissed him. It didn't take more than a few seconds for Ed to respond and they kissed slow and thorough, it was that kind of evening, warm and lazy, ripe wheat shifting in just a touch of wind.

"Still," Ed said, once they needed to breathe and came apart. "No matter how much I love you, bastard," (because he couldn't just say it without a caveat). "If you stray from the course I'll be there. I will stop you if I have to."

"You will be my anchor," Roy promised, stroking blond wisps of hair from his lover's face. "I will do my utmost to reach my goal but it has no meaning for me if you're not by my side. Nothing has more value to me than your good opinion."

"Gah," Ed sneered, embarrassed. "Okay, yes, me too. And now we've talked enough."

Roy raised his eyebrows with a grin and pushed the younger man over in the grass, climbed on top of him, straddling his hips.

"Not that we're actually going to have sex here in the field," Ed groused. "Not right now anyway. Maybe we can sneak out tonight."

That is a great idea," Roy acknowledged, breathless as firm hands kneaded his thighs.