royxed

Dedicated to the Fullmetal Alchemist OTP
Roy Mustang and Edward Elric <3

20060329

3

“Are you still asleep?” several hours later Roy entered the room again with breakfast. Ed was still in bed.
“No,” he said immediately. He sat up, the gold hair spilling over his shoulders.
Roy put down the paper bags.
“Kiss me,” he said and preempted the reply by pressing his mouth against Ed’s, who responded favourably.
“There is hot tea,” Roy said eventually, reluctantly.
“I am starving,” said Ed, who was always starving.
“There are buns,” said Roy happily, reaching for the bags.
He settled on the bed, pulling Ed into his lap. He then noticed the pile of books.
“You were studying?”
“Yeah,” Ed devoured a bun. “I got up just after you left but I didn’t feel like dressing so I took my books to bed.”
“Did I wake you?” Roy felt a tinge of dismay, he had been so careful.
Ed shrugged.
“You were gone anyway so no point in staying put.”
Coming from Ed this was a declaration comparable to “I will love you passionately with all my heart and soul until the end of time and beyond” from a normal person. Roy kept his face carefully blank. Paying attention to any mark of affection resulted in an immediate shutdown of communication. Ed would go all gruff, which Roy hated intensely. Ed’s desperation to get on top of his feelings was heartwrenching. Roy would invariably play along and they’d be commanding officer versus disdainful rebellion for a while until Ed would recover from the shock of having betrayed any emotion other than anger.